- Leads the market development initiatives and transaction execution for Navidar in the Indianapolis market
- Advises CEOs and owners of middle-market technology firms on positioning for strategic M&A and capital raising transactions
- Counsels management teams on how investors will value their business based on experience with large corporate buyers and private equity firms; guides management on methods to accelerate the creation of market value
- Draws on operational and transaction experience in sectors such as software, SaaS, Internet, e-commerce, consumer products, and light manufacturing
- Understands the complexities of business integrations having made acquisitions as a Founder/CEO and investor
Prior to Navidar, Matt was a M&A Advisor specializing in start-ups and middle market companies in a wide range of industries at varying point in their growth arch. This unique experience and very specific acquisition and divestiture expertise he brings to the table is tailor made for the advisory responsibilities at Navidar.
In 1999, Matt began as a serial technology entrepreneur when he founded, raised capital, operated, then sold two highly successful e-commerce/SaaS companies (sold 2005, 2010). In 2007, he acquired, then expanded and sold a food and beverage manufacturing company (sold 2012). Matt understands win-win transactions between companies – investors, founders, management and employees – and strategic or private equity buyers.
Matt began his career with a big four certified public accounting firm in 1994 as a business valuation consultant, and later as an analyst with a Chicago based bank. Matt gained experience analyzing business opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, and business financing in the technology, consumer products and manufacturing sectors, making him an indispensable advisor in any business sale transaction.
Matt holds a BA in Economics and Management Fellows Program from DePauw University and an MBA in International Management from Thunderbird.