- Assists CEOs in developing strategic plans and executing complex M&A transactions that strengthen their company’s competitive positioning
- Creatively positions companies for maximum exit valuations and specializes in complex negotiations
- Draws on diverse industry experience in sectors such as SaaS software, e-commerce, digital marketing, IT consulting, healthcare IT, and advanced manufacturing
- Strong executive and Board of Directors relationships with some of the world’s largest technology and business services companies
- Facilitates introductions to investors and strategic partners across North America and those based in China, India, the U.K., and Europe; Stephen lived in Shanghai from 2008 to 2009
In leadership roles in the Global Technology Investment Banking groups at Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns, Stephen led the execution of U.S. and cross-border M&A (buy-side, sell-side, shareholder defense, carve-outs, spin-offs) and financing transactions for many of the world’s largest and leading technology and business services companies. At UBS Securities Stephen and Tim worked together to create and build the East Coast Technology Group.
During his 20 year investment banking career, Stephen has executed over 80 M&A and financing transactions with deal volume totaling nearly $22 billion. He has provided M&A advisory services to leading companies such as Cognos, CSC, EMC, FreeMarkets, Geac, IBM, Internet Security Systems, and Logica. He has also underwritten many equity and debt offerings for leading companies such as Accenture, Aspect Communications, Cognizant, CoStar Group, CSC, Infosys, Oracle, Patni, Sapient, SRA International, and VistaPrint.
Prior to moving to New York to begin his career in investment banking, Stephen lived in Chicago for 8 years working in corporate finance and accounting for companies in the advanced manufacturing and industrial sectors. He worked in the Treasury department of a Fortune 500 conglomerate (Whitman Corporation had 3 lines of business: Pepsi Bottling Group, Midas and Hussmann) and was an auditor at Deloitte & Touche conducting financial audits of companies such as BorgWarner, Katy Industries, and John Deere.
Stephen holds a BS from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business with a concentration in Accounting; MBA from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business with a concentration in Finance & International Business.